Tuesday, 8 March 2011

Portfolio Website - Online.

Over the Past week I have been starting to sort out a Website and domain name. The website is one of the most important parts of self marketing as a 3D artist next to a good showreel. It is likeley to be the second thing that any potential employer checks out before going on to invite me for an interview, so a clean professional way of displaying my work is definitely necessary.

For the website, I decided that building my own site, although more unique and fun, was not a good way for me to spend the time in my 3rd year. I felt that putting time into a custom website, where I could use a site such as daportfolio.com was going to a time-sink, when the results of a daportfolio created properly are more that good enough to show my work effectively, and in a clean and stylish way.
The way I went about creating my website was to register a domain name (terrybaldock.co.uk) and then forward the nameservers to a premium daportfolio account. I also meta tagged the site so that I would return as a top result on search engines. Now, when typing Terry "Baldock", "Terry Baldock 3D" or "Terry Baldock Character Artist" into google, my website is the first result, which I feel is essential in this industry to be the first result when searching your name, thank you mum and dad for not naming me after someone famous!
Over this term, I wil start populating the site with my better work. I plan on using the website as somewhere to put up work that isnt in my showreel, but is still good enough to show to the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment