In this post I am going to take a look at other people's showreels, and select elements of their reels that I feel I would like to implement into my own showreel.
I feel that this is probably the most productive way to approach this task, as I have not got any real knowledge of Video editing, so it makes sense to pick out other peoples highlights so I know what to learn about when learning video editing to make my own showreel.
The first character in this video is the perfect example of how I want to display my characters. It is posed, textured and lit, and it is spinning at what I would consider a good speed. This is how I wish to display my characters at the start of each character model.
I like the way this reel handles detail shots and wireframes and texture passes. The detail shots show the parts of the model that need closer inspection well, and the wireframe imposed over the model saves time. I also like the way that the model moves to the side and shows the texture passes, however I'd like mine to be edited a bit more smoothly.
These two videos highlight the way i'd like my reel to look. Some elements I would like to include that I haven't come across any reels that show well are:
- Constant contact details (although subtle)
- A consistent style for the showreel. Something that makes it uniquely branded to me. Linked to website style.
Over the next few weeks I will be getting together a showreel that will put some of these techniques into play.
·
No comments:
Post a Comment