Saturday, 11 December 2010

Showreel plan

The past few weeks work on this subject has dwindled a touch, but for good reasons. I have entered a character modelling competition that required a great deal of work. Because of this I have had no updates to this project, and therefore did not feel the need to post. To make up for this, I will be creating 2 extra posts for the missed weeks, filling you in on my workflow.

Ok, so as stated above, this work had been put on hold while I worked exclusively on a competition project. This doesn't mean that I am neglecting the work here, just shifting the allotted time per week around to make it fit in with the competition.

Over the next week, I will be working on my showreel plan video, I will be posting a few update blogs over this week to mark my progress in making it to make up for the time spent on other projects.
I have broken this work down into a few stages.

1.       Written plan of work, in which I will outline everything I want my showreel to have.
2.       Gathering captures of other people work that are needed to demonstrate the way I want my work to be rendered/presented.
3.       Rendering some basic turntables of my own work, probably playblasts, to demonstrate what work I will be using in the showreel.
4.       Compiling all of the work together into a showreel plan in after effects.
5.       Adding branding, music and other special effects to the video 
6.       Creating a final render of the video, and uploading it to youtube.

I will create blog posts over the week covering these steps as they are completed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment